Sunday, February 1, 2009

Men, Women, and TV

I sit here before you...(or not before you, as the case luckily may be, because I'm looking a straight up MESS but...y'know what I mean)

In a very poor mood.

Why you might ask?

Because, see, as I am not working anymore, I have certain shows that I watch. One of them being the brain food known as:

Rock of Love.

Oh, how I totally LOVE that show. I know, it's terrible, horrible and I should be ashamed, but it is SO my guilty pleasure. Then, at school, we will all stand around and talk about it like we know these people personally.

It's completely fabulous.

However.

Tonight is HELLISH. Why, you might ask?

Let me explain:

My fiance is NORMALLY off on Sunday evenings, or finds some way TO be off. The only reason that I can guess that he does this is so that he can sit there and repeat "This is stupid" over and over again the ENTIRE time Rock of Love is on.

I know it's stupid.

But that doesn't mean that I don't love it. (Kinda like MEN, if ya think about it. ;-) )

Anyways...tonight, he is being forced to stay at work. On a Sunday. Night. When Rock of Love NORMALLY comes on.

Which is just a TREAT...because ALL DAY LONG I have been just RELISHING the fact that I will get to watch the ENTIRE show (and perhaps Tool Academy *giggles*) WITHOUT having to hear:

"Oh, God."

"Give me a break."

"This is STUPID."

...

Or just an annoying SNORT...like "Oh my GOD, I cannot believe that I am being forced to watch such stupidity."

*scowl*

And what happens??

It's not even FREAKIN' ON!!!

Why?

Who the hell KNOWS!!

I am tempted to type up a strongly worded e-mail to Vh1 about how they have ruined my entire evening, but I totally have the feeling that:

1) No one really cares.

and

2) By the time it is read, I will have already seen the next three episodes of the show.

*sigh*

But while I am on the subject:

What is it exactly that makes Rock of Love a DUMB show...

And COPS a SMART one?

*raises eyebrow*

I would really like to know the answer to this.

Night after night, I am subjected to various episodes of COPS. I have been forced to watch this show for nearly four years. I feel that I have seen SO many episodes of this show that I am now completely capable of actually being a cop.

Or at least give it a good try.

Whenever we watch TV together, there never is an option of what we watch. It automatically goes to TRUtv...and I am convinced that the only show that comes on that channel is COPS, because it really seems that everytime we turn it to that channel, no matter what time of day...I am confronted with the "Bad Boys" song. It's like...a new episode AUTOMATICALLY comes on when we switch it to that channel.

Weird, huh?

I am starting to think he is in cohorts with the powers that be at that channel.

And while we are on the subject of men and TV, I have a question that is BEGGING to be answered:

Why the hell do men insist on flipping channels instead of simply looking at the TVGuide channel?

It is there for a reason.

And that reason is so that men quit driving women crazy flipping channels.

I have seen 5 minutes of every show on television, and I would like for this to stop.

2 comments:

  1. I think I would rather watch cops instead of the MILLION shows that Dave can not miss. He was gone for almost a month and he set up everything to record on the dvr while he was gone...he still has like 20 hours of tv to get caught up on. It's annoying.

    I watched Rock of Love last season... I couldn't really get into this year, though. Which is surprising because I am a reality tv junkie, when it comes to reality, I'll watch just about anything. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Now that I know you aren't working, I expect to be hearing from you a lot more. *lol*

    ReplyDelete